I love pita pockets. I had bought some for the chicken salad mixture I bought from HEB, which is amazing, and I had some pockets left over. So, I decided to make a breakfast pita pocket with cheesy eggs, crispy bacon, and fresh spinach. This pita pocket is easy to make, yummy, and filling. And whats great about this is its breakfast on the go!
E N J O Y
Similar to this pita pocket, I made a delicious breakfast quesadilla. Check it out!
- 2 whole pita rounds, cut in half
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz grated Jack cheese
- pinch salt
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined; set aside until ready to scramble.
- Cook bacon in a medium size sauté pan over medium heat until well done and crispy.
- Remove from pan and let bacon drain on a paper towel. When cool enough to handle, cut or crumble into small pieces.
- Wipe almost all excess grease from the pan, leaving just enough to cook the eggs, and return to stove top.
- Over medium heat, scramble the eggs 2-3 minutes until just set.
- Add the grated cheese and a pinch of salt. Cook the eggs a minute longer so the cheese melts and the eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the pitas lightly in a commercial toaster just until warmed through.
- Divide the eggs into the 4 halved pitas along with a healthy handful of spinach.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces and serve warm.
- The original recipe calls for peppered bacon and 4 tablespoons Pepperlane Blackberry-Jalapeno Preserves