I love pita pockets. I had bought some for the chicken salad mixture I bought from HEB, which is amazing, and I had some pockets left over. So, I decided to make a breakfast pita pocket with cheesy eggs, crispy bacon, and fresh spinach. This pita pocket is easy to make, yummy, and filling.
E N J O Y
Similar to this pita pocket, I made a delicious breakfast quesadilla. Check it out!
- 2 whole pita rounds, cut in half
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz grated Jack cheese
- pinch salt
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork until well combined; set aside until ready to scramble.
- Cook bacon in a medium size sauté pan over medium heat until well done and crispy.
- Remove from pan and let bacon drain on a paper towel. When cool enough to handle, cut or crumble into small pieces.
- Wipe almost all excess grease from the pan, leaving just enough to cook the eggs, and return to stove top.
- Over medium heat, scramble the eggs 2-3 minutes until just set.
- Add the grated cheese and a pinch of salt. Cook the eggs a minute longer so the cheese melts and the eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, toast the pitas lightly in a commercial toaster just until warmed through.
- Divide the eggs into the 4 halved pitas along with a healthy handful of spinach.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces and serve warm.
- The original recipe calls for peppered bacon and 4 tablespoons Pepperlane Blackberry-Jalapeno Preserves