This breakfast was pretty darn good, I will definitely be making this again. Its great because it is pretty easy and quick to whip up in the morning. Just make your hard boiled eggs in advance, peel them and stick them in the fridge as well as cutting up the mushrooms. That way in the morning you can slice the eggs, smash the avocados, and throw everything together. Voila! You have a protein packed, delicious, (vegetarian) breakfast.
E N J O Y
- 4 ripe avocados
- A few shakes of hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, or more to taste
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, chopped and slightly cooked
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Mozzarella)
- 4 large (8- or 10-inch) tortillas
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados, hot sauce and salt.
- Assemble the quesadillas: On one half of each tortilla, spread one-fourth of the avocado mixture, then place 1/2 cup of the spinach leaves. Top with mushrooms, 1 sliced hardboiled egg, and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Fold the tortillas in half.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle pan over low-medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the folded tortillas for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the pan and set on a cutting board for a minute or two before cutting each quesadilla into wedges with a serrated knife.
- Serve with salsa or a bit of sour cream (It is good on its own too!)