I am a sucker for casseroles. They are easy to whip up and packed full of flavor. This casserole is definitely one I will make again. I had a small can of green chiles that had been dying to get into a dish. So I added it to the casserole and dang was that a great choice! It added the perfect kick that this casserole needed.
E N J O Y
- 2 cups dry Basmati rice
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3 cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 20 oz Enchilada sauce I used Old El Paso
- 16 oz refried beans I used Old El Paso
- 11 oz corn kernel drained Coupons
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the rice. I cooked it with 4 cups of water and 1/4 cup of butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together.
- In a large bowl mix the shredded chicken with the enchilada sauce, refried beans and half of the cheese. Add rice, season with salt and pepper if needed, and mix well. Pour rice mixture into a large casserole dish. Top with corn then with remainder of cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm.
- Add green chiles for a little kick!