Look at these colors! I love a vibrant plate. It makes eating it more exciting. This pasta was great; it has a similar flavor to pesto. And I LOVE pesto. Although I would prefer a pesto pasta, this is a good alternative to quench my craving of a pesto pasta.
I do think it could have had more of an avocado flavor, so I would probably add at least another half of an avocado. I would just give your sauce a quick taste and adjust the flavors as needed.
I found this fairly easy to make. As the water is boiling, you throw all the ingredients in a blender and once the pasta is boiled you just drain, toss it in the sauce, and DONE! So, if you’re needing a quick dinner, here’s your meal.
E N J O Y
- 10 oz spaghetti or fettuccine I used semolina pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Make sure to put about 1 cup of pasta water aside!
- While pasta is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients to your blender and blend until it turns into a smooth sauce. Start with 3/4 cup of pasta water and add more as needed to get the consistency you want.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce in a bowl and serve immediately. This sauce is best served the day it is made, as it uses avocados which will turn a brownish color.