Tortellini is great. Its a pasta filled with cheese, what could be better than that? This one I just bought three cheese, but there are so many other fillings. This recipe is super simple. Basically just three ingredients: cream cheese, spinach, and tortellini. I could literally eat spoonfuls of cream cheese, so I was excited to put it on my pasta. If you’re thinking this will be more of a sauce, its not. It is more of a cream cheese spinach coating. But, I wasn’t complaining. Simple and delicous recipies are my favorite. I almost named my blog that but it was already taken.. 🙁 Back to the pasta. If you like cream cheese, this is the pasta for you. If not, I would just make an alfredo sauce and add the spinach to that.
E N J O Y
- 9 oz package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 oz of room temperature light cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Olive Oil
- Cook the pasta as directed on its packaging
- In a large skillet – combine cream cheese, pepper, garlic powder and set over medium heat
- Once the cream cheese is extremely soft – about 3 minutes add spinach. Mix extremely well till completely combined. Lower heat to low.
- Your pasta should be cooked at this point. Drain pasta in a colander and drizzle a little oil on top. Add pasta to the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently fold the pasta into the cream cheese spinach mixture – takes about 1 minute
- Serve and Enjoy!