I may not get to travel the world, but at least I can taste the world.
Obviously I love to cook, so I was excited to learn that there was a way to cook and try foods from around the world. Now it is a bit pricey, but it is so worth it. The first box I received was from Spain. Looking through all the delicious recipes, this one stood out to me. I am a shrimp lover and could not wait to try this recipe. It was very simple and very flavorful.
Take a look into what I got in the box!
Even though you may not have a Try The World box, you can still make this dish with the ingredients provided! So, if you want to taste the world like I do, try this recipe and let me know what you think!
E N J O Y
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the ½ cup olive oil, paprika, garlic cloves, baking soda, and salt. Cover and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a large, wide-brimmed skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté, stirring constantly, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the vinegar and parsley and toss, then transfer to a serving plate.
- This recipe is an appetizer.