IT’S SUMMER TIME! What’s a great summer dish? Pasta salad. This side dish is fantastic for a picnic in the park. I had all the ingredients to make a pasta salad, so I thought why not make some. I looked at a bunch of different recipes of pasta salad and whipped up my own version, here is what I came up with. Turned out pretty yummy. Since I did use the random ingredients I had, I ended up using deli sliced ham and shredded cheese and it worked just fine. Lets just say that is a college version of pasta salad. Below is a better version.
Write a review
- 1 package Rotini
- 1 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup ham steak, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Prepare pasta according to package.
- After macaroni is cooked, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayo, dijon, sour cream, lemon, sugar, and salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, ham, cheese and peas.
- Now, toss mayo mixture with noodle mixture until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Not mandatory to refrigerate over night; if you need recipe that day, just make sure pasta salad is cold when serving.
| A Splash of Love | http://www.asplashoflove.net/