Who doesn’t love a good smoothie? Well, if thats you, I am sorry for your loss. My favorite is strawberry and banana. Basically the only smoothie I ever order. I probably should branch out, shouldn’t I? Well, here we go; here’s my branch.
If you do love smoothies, you’ll enjoy this one. The pumpkin flavor is not too over powering which is nice. The vanilla yogurt helps balance out the pumpkin. However, I might use a different yogurt (I used Oikos triple zero vanilla yogurt) because the texture was a bit off. With adding the ice, it did thin out the smoothie a bit and make it somewhat watery. I do like thicker smoothies, so next time I’ll try freezing the banana and omitting the ice.
E N J O Y
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 large banana
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 6 oz vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp agave nectar, add more if you like it sweeter (honey if you don't have agave)
- 3 Tbsp milk
- pinch nutmeg and whipped cream, optional garnish
- In a blender, combine pumpkin, banana, ice, yogurt, spice, agave nectar and milk. Pulse until smooth!
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and pinch of nutmeg.
- If you have vanilla protein powder, you can add a scoop before blending.
- If you want to use a frozen banana, that can be substituted for ice. This may also help make the smoothie thicker; the ice thins the smoothie out a bit.