I love Fall. The weather, the clothing, the food, the desserts, the holiday. Everything about fall is magnificent. However, this Fall has been a little funky. The weather has been flip flopping. One day it feels like winter, then fall, the winter, then summer, then fall… All I know is, as long as I can wear a long sleeve I am all for it.
Now on to the tartlets. I wanted to make mini pumpkin pies, but my mom mentioned I should make these to mix things up a bit. These almost remind me of the pumpkin fluff I made a couple years back, but put into a pastry cup. What I think is unique about this recipe is the orange zest. It is an optional topping, but I think everyone should top these tartlets.
They are very easy to make to and quick! So if you are in the need of a recipe to bring to a party or serve at your festivities, try this.
E N J O Y
- 1 pkg (15oz) refridgerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 cup thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pkg (3.4oz) cheesecake instant pudding
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small orange (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Crust: Allow pie crust to stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll 1 crust into a 12 inch circle.
- Using a cookie or circle cutter (I used the can of the pumpkin puree), cut into 12 circles.
- Press 1 into each cup of muffin pan; prick with a fork.
- Bake 14-18 minutes or till golden brown.
- Let stand 5 mins, move to cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining crust
- While crusts are baking, combine pumpkin, whipped topping, and pie spice into a medium sized bowl; whisk till smooth.
- Add pudding mix; whisk till smooth and thickened.
- Refidgerate till ready to use.
- Lightly sprinkle tart shells with powder sugar.
- Fill with pumpkin mixture,
- Sprinkle pecans over tartlets.
- Zest orange over tartlets
- Gobble down!