I love sweet potatoes. Whats great about them is even by themselves they still taste delicious. I also love that it can be a healthy dessert! I usually eat my sweet potatoes with butter or with cinnamon; so, I was excited when I came across this recipe. What was even better, I had a recipe that is similar to the stuffing. This made making the dish easier, I just added the vinaigrette to the dip and stuffed my sweet potato.
If you can’t find adobo here is a recipe:
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
E N J O Y
- 4 small sweet potatoes or yams, baked
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn*
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, add the black beans, corn, onions, and cilantro. Stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, oil, honey, adobo, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the black bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Slice open the baked sweet potatoes.
- Stuff potatoes with the Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad.