I am a fan of any sort of pasta, but I like this one because it’s not your typical Italian pasta. This pasta salad is a great side dish or even an entree if ya feel like it. I had every bit of ingredients in the pantry & fridge, but unfortunately no peas – good thing for Taylor because he [sadly] doesn’t like peas. Anyway, this dish has a light kind of feel to it. It is great for the summers or a picnic or even just a snack. Either way, you should make it.
A plus to this recipe is that I used my moms zucchini relish!
E N J O Y
- 1lb of elbow macaroni (or your choice of noodle)
- 3 (5 oz.) cans of tuna, drained well
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 onion (of your choice), chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tbsp celery seed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Cook macaroni according to directions on package.
- While pasta is cooking, drain cans of tuna well.
- Chop hard boiled eggs and onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayo, relish, celery seed, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Stir well to combine, then stir in tuna
- Once macaroni is cooked, drain well and rinse with cold water until pasta has cooled.
- Pour drained macaroni into a large bowl
- Pour mayo mixture onto pasta
- Then add chopped eggs, onion, and peas - stir well
- Cover with plastic wrap and pop into fridge for a couple of hours until fully cooled
- Then serve!