I made this during the summer, but I forgot to post it. How could I forget this deliciousness?
I absolutely love this bread. Don’t let the zucchini trick you into thinking this is healthy bread, because it’s not. I try to ignore the loads of sugar. I guess that’s what makes it taste delicious. The fact that there is so much sugar is why I don’t make this too often. My mom has been making this since I was young. She always makes two batches, one with nuts and one without; I prefer the ones without. I am not a huge nut fan, but I did provide nuts in the ingredients for those of you nut lovers. I can go through a loaf in a day, so be careful if you decide to make these. If you do, you won’t regret it.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-cup oil
- 2-½ cup shredded zucchini (3 small or 2 large)
- 2¼-cup sugar
- 3-cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1-cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease two 8×4 loaf pans.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well.
- Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. Use a toothpick to check if fully baked.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.